Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Friends of the earth but not the Conservatives???

Southampton Friends of the Earth coordinator Chris Bluemel, invited me and as far as I am aware other councillors to attend a public meeting on the Climate Change Bill.

I looked at the panel and surprise surprise all the usual suspects, Reverend Ian Johnson is chairing the event and Dr Alan Whitehead MP (of burger gate scandal see http://mattdeansoton.blogspot.com/), Dr Dave Hubble (local Greenpeace Coordinator), Katie Elliot, Parliamentary Campaigner for Friends of the Earth would be the speakers.

As the Conservative spokesman in Southampton on the Environment I wrote to Chris saying how I would be prepared to attend as the Conservative representative and I am sure (but would not like to speak on behalf of her) that Jill Baston, as the city’s Cabinet member for Environment and Liberal Democrat might have an opinion.

So come on Chris, I am coming to the event so I might just ask this question,

Why have you got no one from either the Conservatives or the Liberal Democrats?

1 comment:

Matt Dean said...

You ask, "Why have you got no one from either the Conservatives or the Liberal Democrats?"
Answer- because they are totally unrepresentative and biased.
www.MattDeanSoton.blogspot.com